I'm a pumpkin addict, I admit it.
A family friend who travels for work recently came home for a short vacation. Dennis (the friend) has a huge sweet tooth- I think that is one reason we get along so well. Well I decided that if we were going to visit them, then I would want to make Dennis a treat. From my search of recipes involving pumpkin, I came across a recipe for Pumpkin Bars with a Cream Cheese Frosting from Sweet Pea's Kitchen. This recipe is called
|I added some orange, red, & yellow sugar sprinkles to make it look pretty|
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted from : Sweet Pea's Kitchen
1 2/3 cp sugar
1 cp vegetable oil
15 ounces of pumpkin
2 cps all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cp butter, softened
2 cps confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Hand mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Spread the batter into the prepared 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.