Its these little almond stuffed dates that are wrapped in bacon!
The chewy, sweetness of the dates goes splendidly well with the crunch from the almonds and the salty crispy bacon.
You have to make these for your next party or pot luck.
Even people who didn't know that they liked dates will enjoy these little bites of goodness.
You can also fill the dates with different cheeses, meats like chorizo, or different nuts.
I even drizzled some maple syrup (not pancake syrup) over them if you feel like it for some extra sweetness.
You will need to have patience once these come out of the oven or you will burn your tongue.
These are great for parties since they can be served warm or at room temp.
This recipe is great because you can easily multiply this recipe for a crowd or simply just make enough for yourself with little work.
Almond stuffed Dates wrapped in Bacon
yields: 12 dates
Idea slightly adapted from: All Recipes
24 blanched almonds
6 slices of thick cut bacon
1. Slice the dates lengthwise using a small paring knife on one side. Remove the pit.
2. Fill the empty cavity of the dates with the almonds- depending on the size of your dates and almonds depends on how many almonds per date. I used 2-3 almonds per date.
3. Close the dates by pressing the sides back together. Cut each strip of bacon in half crosswise.
4. Wrap each date with a piece of the cut bacon and place the seam side of the bacon wrap face down on a broiler pan. Repeat for all of the bacon and dates.
5. Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 25 minutes or until bacon is browned crispy throughout.
6.Take out to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.