Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

A new year means new recipes.
I know I haven't been posting as much as I use to. I have kinda been in a rut lately. Not a baking rut-just a writing rut. Its like as soon as I open a new post, my mind either goes blank or what I have on my mind had nothing to do with this blog.
Cookies are one of the main desserts in our house due to them being easy to make and even easier to eat.
This recipe was on the back of a package of dried cranberries.
This cookie recipe is different from the usual dessert recipes that I make because it contains cranberries and white chocolate chips.
These cookies have a nice chew to them due to the oatmeal and cranberries. The white chocolate gives the cookies a rich,creamy, vanilla-like taste.




Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from: Ocean Spray Recipes
yields: 55 cookies (using a small cookie scoop)

2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 5-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins Original Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well.
3. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
4. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment