Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Adventures and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Weekends are usually at time to relax, but not around here.
        First, I had an eye doctor's appointment and it turns out that my vision has improved in the last 2 years so my prescription was cut into half. Then he put some drops in my eyes to dilate my pupils to get a base line for my other doctors on my vision since some of the medication and my lupus can affect my eyes.Have you ever had your pupils dilated by your eye doctor? Its weird. you vision kinda gets fuzzy and your eyes freak people out. It freaked me out, but they only stayed that way for a few hours. Then I got a new pair of  regular glasses and I got a pair of prescription sunglasses. And everything seems so much clearer!

   
    Sunday started out different.
1st-We got an extra hour of sleep
2nd-My mom didn't rush us out of the house like she normally does because she didn't have to teach Sunday school so we got to lag behind alittle. I even got some laundry started and clipped coupons all before getting dressed and getting to church before the main service. I then found out that I would be making breakfast for the next sunday school class since it was my mom's turn to bring breakfast and then I decided if I was going to make something that I would also make something for my class too. If I get an excuse to cook and cook alot I usually take it. Then we decided that we are going to make 2 hams for the holiday dinner and that I would make a few dessserts. Again, I get to bake for a crowd and reap the reward of people liking something I made. Plus, the dessert table is usually the first that gets attacked when we have lunch-ins and seeing as we are having a lot of people, there can never be too many desserts.

Around our house we usually don't eat pork chops a whole bunch. We like them, but usually only buy them when they are on sale and then freeze 'em. Most of the time, we eat them italian style, but I wanted something a little different this time. I used only black pepper, parmesan cheese, and plain bread crumbs. The parmesan gives these pork chops a slightly salty and crunchy texture.
This is a great way to use any leftover parmesan cheese. I know when I buy a container of it for a recipe, I always have alot left over since most recipes I have only call for 1/4-1/2 cup of cheese.
 I served these pork chops with baked potatoes and some sauteed bok choy.

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Created by Rayna of Curious Country Cook
serves: 4

  • 4- 1/2inch boneless pork chops (5 ounces each)
  • 1/2 cp. plain bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cp. parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cp. flour
  • 2 eggs
  • salt & pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 F. Cover a broiler pan with foil and spray with non stick spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour with 1/2 tsp. salt and some pepper. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper. In another dish, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
3. Dread the pork chops in the flour, then the egg, and finally the bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake the pork chops for 20 minutes, flip them over, and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Switch the oven to broil and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment