Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baked Apple for One

I made a quiche about a year ago and it was good.
So good that I ate 2 slices.
And coming from someone who generally dislikes eggs (except for develed eggs during the holidays or if i completly cover scrambled eggs in salsa); its kinda a big thing.
But I can't find the recipe; so I used one from Food Network.

I usually read recipe reviews, but thought that since it had a good rating, I didn't need to.

Unfortunately, either someone didn't test the recipe or accidently mistyped it.
I thought 1 1/2 cps. of heavy cream was too much, but I followed the recipe anyway.
And instead of 30-40 minutes, I cooked it for at least 1 hour and it was still a runny gooey mess.
So that is why there is no quiche recipe.
Instead ......
Im sharing a Baked Apple recipe (homemade whipped cream)

topped with fresh cinnamon whipped cream
YUM!

Baked Apple for 1

  • 1 apple (I used a Macintosh)
  • 3/4 tbsp. brown sugar (light or dark)
  • 1/2 tbsp. old fashioned oats (optional)
  • 1 tbsp. raisins (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tbsp. butter
  • 1/4 cp. water

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Remove the apple core, cutting to within 1/2 inch of the bottom of the apple.
You basically want to make a well
3. Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and oatmeal.
4. Place the apple in a baking dish lined with foil and top with the butter. Pour the water around the apple and slightly fold the foil around the apple.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the apple and apple skin are soft. Let cool for 15

Top with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment