Monday, March 5, 2012

Cadbury Blondies

  This past weekend I have had over 5000 page views from Foodgawker & Pinterest for my Zucchini Tots recipe.

  It was also a a craft weekend for me.
I painted a sign for my dad, painted 1 side & stained the other side of a board that I got a Home Depot for less than $5 to use for my photography (mostly for food photography) , and I started to make a few scarves with these yarns. I love the colors.

  These mini Cadbury eggs that come out before Easter are a weakness for my mom and I.
This is the board that I stained for my photography.
 I also got a white foam board to bounce light to improve my photos.

  We actually just bought 3 bags to have on hand. Well, 2 bags will be saved while the other is used to make Cadbury Blondies from Bakeaholic Mama. As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. My dad actually doesn't like these eggs, which is crazy since he usually likes anything with chocolate so I made him a pie. That way this pan of blondies can be just for my mom and I (and maybe some of her co-workers).



Cadbury Blondies
Recipe from: Bakeaholic Mama


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 cups milk chocolate mini eggs


    Nutritional Widget Image
  1. In a medium size mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt together.
  2. Melt butter over medium heat. Once melted add to the bowl of your electric mixer. Cream together with sugars.Add in vanilla and eggs mix until creamy.
  3. Slowly add in flour mixture until it is incorporated.
  4. Fold in Mini Eggs.
  5. Spread batter into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Bake at 325 for about 35- 40 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
  6. Let the bars cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Notes: I made a few small changes from the original recipe: I cut down the salt to 1/4 tsp, the vanilla to 1/2 tbsp (the vanilla I use has a much stronger flavor than others), and my blondies were done in 34 minutes instead of 40- our oven tends to run a little hot so when I bake new recipe for the first time, I always start checking 5-10 minutes before the recipe calls for, just in case. I baked these blondies in a 9x9 and they were about 1'' tall. Next time i might lower the sugar content since the candies are sugar coated, but they are good anyway. 

Powered by eRecipe.com

3 comments:

  1. wow this is super easy my kids will surely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck, I have to try these this weekend! My mom, my sister and I are all too weak to resist the mini eggs! Thanks for posting these!!!

    ReplyDelete