How does this...
Turn into this...?
This was actually something that I made over the labor day weekend. The mushroom is very "meaty"so you wont be missing the real meat. This could be served as is or you could chop it up and toss with some buttered pasta.
If you only can get the smaller mushrooms; you could stuff them and use them as appetizers at a party.
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. mozzerella cheese, shredded
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese (or cream cheese OR another soft, spreadable cheese) about 2 big tablespoons.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2. Drizzle a small amount of oil on the back of the mushroom.
3. Thaw out the spinach and place it in a cloth and squeeze out the excess liquid. (Spinach contains a lot of water)
4. Grate or finely chop the garlic and place it in a bowl. Add in the swiss cheese, spinach, salt, and pepper and combine.
5. Stuff the mushrooms with the spinach/cheese filling and sprinkle the mozzerella cheese on top.
6. Turn your grill on medium-high heat and cook the mushrooms for 15-20 minutes (with the grill cover closed), or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is hot.
7. Remove from the grill and enjoy.
>> If you don't have a grill; you could turn your oven to 400 degrees F and cook for about 15-20 minutes.