Creamed Chicken with Biscuits
serves about 6 adults who also ate a small salad
- 1/2 large onion or 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp. butter
- About 3-4 cups of chicken, cooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cp. Sour Cream
- 1/2 cp. milk
- 4-6 Tbsp. of mild diced tomatoes & green Chilis
- 1 cp. shredded Mild, Cheddar cheese, Divided
- 6 frozen biscuits(if big) or 9 small biscuits if using a 9x9 pan
- >>>You could also maybe use canned biscuits which i almost did, but i decided to try this way first.
- Tip: if you want it to have some heat, add 1 or 2 jalapenos (your decision to de-seed them or not; I do)
- Preheat the oven to 350. If using Big biscuits use an 11x9 pan, but i only had a 9x9 pan so I used a 9x9; Grease the pan.
- Chop the onion. Melt the butter in a medium-large sauce pan, add the onion, add salt and pepper. Saute the until the onion are transparent,about 5-8 minutes if on medium-high. Add the diced tomato and chili's into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Combine the soup, chicken, and sour cream into the onion and chili mixture. Pour into the greased pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 3/4 of the cheese on top of the warm mixture. Arrange the biscuits in a single layer on top of the cheese and chicken mixture. Add the rest of the cheese on top of the biscuits, sprinkle some coarse fresh-ground black pepper and coarse salt on top. Put back in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the biscuits are slightly golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.