Sunday, August 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Cake Bars

Need a quick, last minute dessert for the family or potluck? 
We were having family out for our usual Sunday Supper and I had no idea what to make for the dessert so searched around Pinterest and found this easy recipe.




Peanut Butter Cake Bars
adapted: Becoming Betty

1 box yellow cake mix
2 large eggs
1/3 cup apple sauce*
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips

Notes: 
I used Betty Crocker super moist yellow cake mix 18.25oz.
*I used unsweetened apple sauce instead of vegetable oil.
The original recipe called for crunchy PB, but I used creamy.
I used mini chocolate chips.

1. Heat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and mix until combined.
3. Slowly add the cake mix to the wet mixture until no flour is visible- the batter will be very thick.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, lightly wet your hands with water, and press the batter evenly into the pan.
5. Bake for 17-19 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

2 comments:

  1. Very, very good! I followed the directions exactly and they turned out perfect at 17 minutes. They basically taste like a peanut butter cookie. My only "complaint" (not really) is that they are pretty crumbly - but who cares!

    ReplyDelete